Ready for an adventure?
Bringing stories to life...
A new reading service in Adelaide for those that would like a LIVE interactive audio book.
Live interactive reading service from your own private reading companion. Choose a favourite author, set of poems or ask questions of your reader, discuss what is happening in your story or have your favourite part of the book read to you over and over again.
Reading Companions Australia is a live interactive reading service. A personal ‘reading companion’ will travel to you and read aloud your favourite book, author, poem or legal documents or even todays newspaper.
Having a reading companion enables you to ask questions of your reader, discuss what is happening in your story or have your favourite part of the book read to you over and over again.
Reading Companions Australia can help you, or those you love regain their love of reading or perhaps even gain that love of reading for the first time.
There are many different reasons why someone may give up reading. We have found that some common barriers include poor vision, lack of strength to hold up a book, tremors, dementia, and other medical reasons.
Giving up reading does not mean that they have lost interest in books, magazines, and newspapers however. In fact, losing the ability to read often leaves people feeling withdrawn, sad and isolated.
We can read interesting and funny passages from these stories again and again and talk about the book and the era in which it was written.
We can recap the plot at the beginning of every session in need and then proceed with the next chapter.
Shared personal and group reading can:
- improve quality of life and wellbeing
- Stimulate memories and creativity
- Improve mood and concentration
- Increase social interaction
Some different forms of text that can be read aloud are:
- Fiction / Non Fiction – favourite author
- Newspapers columns – Gossip & Gardening columns for example
- Short Stories – Covering a range to topics; Humour, Mysteries, Fables
- Historical tales
- Biographies – Presidents, scientists and other famous people
- Religious passages – Bible, Quran
- Personal letters and Celebration cards
- Catalogues – Clothes, furniture, pets
- Plays – Hamlet, Silas Marner, A Streetcar Named Desire
- TV Programs – Choose what to watch in the coming week
- Travel Brochures – planning the next big trip
- Magazines – Specialty magazines: boats, fishing, motor-houses
- Comics/Graphic novels
- Recipe books – to help you create your favourite meal
We can read to you the stories of your favourite author:
- Raymond Chandler
- J.K. Rowling
- Anton Chekhov
- Arthur Conan Doyle
- Roald Dahl
- Dian Gabaldon
- and many others
We can read you your storybook favourites that you may have read as a child such as:
- The Faraway Tree
- Treasure Island
- Alice in Wonderland
- Pippi Longstocking
- The Hidden Staircase
- Anne of Green Gables
- and many many more, just make the suggestion
Contact us today
Have questions? Want to book?
CALL US: 0416 323 252
EMAIL US: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to book please tell us your preferred date, time and how many will be there!